Cluj will be one of ROCK Role Model cities, exporting its regeneration models and experience to the Replicator Cities, in particular about Community-based Design.
Relevant previous projects or activities, connected to the subject of this proposal
- Rehabilitation and modernization of Central Park and restoration and integration of Casino building increase the quality of life for the citizens in Cluj-Napoca, with a great impact on the overall development of the city, the project proposes the improvement of the architectural aspect of the central area of Cluj-Napoca city as a result of the infrastructure rehabilitation and urban services improvement, respectively the rehabilitation of the national cultural heritage, as follows: restoration and integration of Casino building (B category monument) in Cluj-Napoca public domain and its use as exhibition pavilion; rehabilitation and modernization of Central Park in Cluj-Napoca through pedestrian walkways rehabilitation and modernization; park access areas modernization; gutters rehabilitation; culverts improvement; green area modernization; hedge planting to delimit the park; land pier modernization; providing appropriate street furniture for the park; rehabilitation and modernization of park utilities; accomplishing special arrangements for people with disabilities
- Youth@Cluj-Napoca 2015 – European Youth Capital
- Cluj-Napoca 2021 - European Capital of Culture - Candidate city
- Cluj-Napoca Historic Centre Days
- A walk through the Treasure City Cluj-Napoca. It consists in the promotion of the four categories of specific tourism interests in Cluj-Napoca: historical center of Cluj-Napoca; Cluj-Napoca museums; the Botanical Garden “Alexandru Borza”; Ethnographic National Park “Romulus Vuia”.