2017 Global Week of Green Business and the Climate Movement
From 2nd October 2017 to 8th October 2017
Every year, the Global Week of Green Business and the Climate Movement takes place cities and communities around the world; seeking to empower ecopreneurs and scale up green business solutions that tackle climate change. Concretely, its goals are:
- Promote, connect and empower climate ecopreneurs
- Strengthen local green economy ecosystems
- Boost sustainable business networks
- Implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement
The 2017 Edition -ECO4CLIM17- will be held on October 2-8 2017, with the global winner participating in the COP23 Climate Summit in Bonn (Germany) on November 6-17. All of the Week’s events follow this structure:
- Expert panel on “climate challenges and green business opportunities” (1h30): roundtable with key green economy stakeholders (businesses, civil society, academia, public agencies, financial institutions, media…), followed by an open debate; to identify concrete challenges posed by climate change locally, and then outline opportunities for ecopreneurs to build green business solutions to tackle them.
- Break (15 min.)
- Climate Champion Awards (1h45): pre-selected local green businesses and ecopreneurs pitch their climate impacts to a diverse audience, focusing on the mitigation and adaptation/resilience solutions they provide; and a mixed jury (experts + audience) decides the winners.
More info: eco4clim17.ecopreneurs4climate.org